The AFD52 is part of PushCorp's Passive Compliance series. This end effector can apply up to 8.0 lbf [37 N] in any orientation. Unlike the active series, this equipment relies on an external air pressure regulator to set the applied force. This pressure must change when a new orientation is programmed in order to maintain a constant force. For this reason, the AFD52 is most commonly used for robotic material removal applications with flat or prismatic parts.
High speed spindles can be mounted to the AFD52. Together, they can automate a wide variety of light duty robotic processes:
- Automated Deburring
- Automated Sanding
- Automated Knife Trimming
If the application requires a larger spindle or more force, the AFD72 can apply up to 50 lbf [222 N] and features a more robust set of linear bearings.
The 52 Series can be configured as either an AFD51 single acting with only positive force application, or an AFD52 double acting with positive and negative force capability.
- Completely mechanical in design, no electrical connections
- Single or Double acting force application
- Low cost
- Micro Size
- Force can be varied based on slide position
- 8.0 lbf (37 N) maximum compliant force
- 0.1 lb. force per 1.0 psi supply pressure (6.5 N/bar)
- User supplied pressure regulator
- All fittings, fasteners, and threaded holes are METRIC
|Max Force||8.0 lbf [37 N]|
|Force Resolution||±0.7 lb./psi [±45.2 N/bar]|
|Max Payload Weight||8.0 lbs [4 kg]|
|Weight||2.5 lbs [1.1 Kg]|
|Compliant Stroke||1.0 in [25 mm]|
|Supply Air||Dry, 5µm Filtered, Non-lubricated, 80 psi [5.5 Bar] max|
|Technical Specification Packages|
|AFD52||Download Technical Files|